Business Intelligence Specialist
Have you imagined working in an environment driven by a passion and desire to not only outperform, but also outbehave the market? Since 2009, Flywire has been that company, creating solutions that break barriers, and teams that always look at the next disruptive way to move Flywire and its customers into the next phase of global payment solutions.
We, at Flywire, are looking for a smart, analytical thinker who’s excited to empower data-driven decision making at an exciting and fast-growing organization! As Business Intelligence Specialist, you will work within the Data Analytics team to design, develop, and maintain our business intelligence reporting tool, Looker. Much more than just building reports, you will be counted on to understand the business needs of various teams throughout the organization and be able to tailor an experience for them that empowers them to do their work with maximum efficiency and efficacy. We are at a very important and exciting time for our organization, and getting the right insight to the right stakeholders on time will be a key to our ongoing success.
With diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and as a member of the Product & Analytics team, you will help accelerate Flywire across the globe!
- Own the design and development of the LookML architecture behind our Looker platform and ensure that data models are highly performant and flexible to future organization needs
- Provide technical recommendations to the data engineering team in building and improving our Analytical Data Warehouse
- Develop data pipelines that report on organizational key performance indicators with minimum latency
- Provide training and support to other Flywire teams on our BI tools to drive their decision making
- Lead analytical consulting engagements within Flywire teams, including Product, Finance, Marketing, etc.
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in data science/data analytics or related work
- Proven ability to translate business questions into easily digestible reports and visualizations
- Experience in development with Looker business intelligence software (candidates with exceptional experience with other BI tools may also be considered)
- Experience in BigQuery or Redshift development and optimization (experience in both is preferred)
- Experience leading and managing an organization's Business Intelligence solutions
- Experience in building data extraction and manipulation scripts in Python and/or R
- Strong communication skills: You can make even the most complex data easy to comprehend
- Demonstrated ability of building batch and streaming data applications
- Practical understanding of classification, regression, and other statistical methods
- Proven track record of using Looker API to drive insights into applications like Salesforce, Zendesk etc.