Business Intelligence Engineer
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer who will lead efforts to enhance, monitor, and manage our internal data platform. As part of a team reporting to the SVP of Analytics & Data Science, you will be the primary technical owner of our internal Looker/Redshift instance and all related data processes.
You will become an expert on all data flowing into Fuze’s Redshift Cluster: how is it generated and captured; what are the caveats and exceptions; how should it be modeled in Looker and in Redshift?
You will build, maintain and document the ETLs and data pipelines into Looker/Redshift as well as the LookML models and views in Looker.
You will closely monitor the daily pipeline and processes resolving any issues in a timely manner. You will also monitor performance and stability of the database cluster, and troubleshoot any issues through to resolution.
For smaller projects, you will work directly with stakeholders to document their business needs and with the relevant technical team to figure out how to get the data, and then you will build the data model and pipeline as well as the views/models/Looks/Dashboards in Looker itself.
On larger projects, you will collaborate with internal data analysts who will assist with the upfront requirements gathering and with the creation of the needed Looks/Dashboards.
- 8-10 Years of advanced SQL experience in a BI/Data Warehouse environment or similar role
- Designing ETL data pipes in Data Warehouse environment - maintaining dimensions and facts; staging areas
- Deep understanding of data modeling - specifically dimensional modeling (slowly changing dimensions, fact tables)
- Extensive experience with data validation
- 5+ years of experience with Database Administration tasks
- 2+ years of experience with Dell Boomi or 5+ years of experience similar ETL tools
- 2+ years of experience with columnar databases, optimizing queries and table design
- 2+ Years experience with Redshift, S3, Spectrum, Athena/Glue
- 2+ Years experience with Looker (or 5+ years of exp with reporting tool + exp with XML)
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and articulate ideas, analysis results, and recommendations
- Ability to prioritize work independently, ensuring accuracy while meeting rigid deadlines
Nice to have:
- Experience handling financial data
- Experience with JSON