Business Intelligence Developer at MassMutual
Why we Need You:
The Corporate Finance Organization began a transformation journey in 2017 to achieve our CFO’s vision for the organization and data analytics is central to that strategy.
We seek an exceptional business intelligence developer to join our team to create highly interactive dashboards and visualizations in support of Corporate Finance reporting and analysis processes.
Objectives of this role - What success look like:
This role will be a hands-on role developing and delivering highly intuitive analytical solutions leveraging leading data visualization technologies. Primary focus areas of this role include:
- BI Development: Build highly interactive dashboards and reports that are easy to understand, enable self-service and provide secure and efficient access to data
- BI Solution Enhancement: Continuously improving and enhancing the performance, capabilities, and functional coverage of BI solutions
- Ad-hoc Data Analysis: Extract and analyze data from disparate sources based on ad-hoc user requests. Work with business users and other internal customers to help prioritize self-service capabilities in the road map.
Daily and monthly responsibilities - What your days and weeks will include:
- Collaborate with corporate finance functions to collect reporting requirements, analyze data and business requirements and processes; develop and implement necessary reports, dashboards and other visualizations
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, report objects, and configure user/system hierarchies
- Troubleshoot issues with BI solutions including MicroStrategy,Tableau, etc.
- Identify and implement performance-tuning of these solutions and queries for reports as necessary
- Assist with end-user training and BI governance materials; provide technical support as necessary
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with peers to effectively deliver robust solutions for our users
- Include appropriate governance and quality considerations from inception
- Perform detailed documentation of design, development, testing and deployment activities
Required skills and qualifications - The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- B.S. degree required
- 5 or more years of overall experience with focus of business intelligence or analytics delivery
- 3 or more years of experience with leading data visualization tools including Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Experience with setup, administration and configuration of business intelligence tools
- Experience with advanced SQL, stored procedures and scripting
- Experience with querying columnar databases
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred qualifications - Additional skills and make you a great fit:
- Passion for developing high performance analytical solutions with demonstrated experience in optimizing reporting and visualization architecture
- Ability to deliver complex projects using effective planning, pragmatic approaches, and collaboration, despite obstacles and ambiguity
- Experience with data analysis using R or Python (numpy, spark mllib, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.) programming languages
- Experience with Vertica for querying columnar databases
- Proficiency in metadata modeling utilizing Business Intelligence tools