Business Analytics Manager at Catalant Technologies
Catalant helps the world’s leading organizations get from strategy to execution faster. Our Platform empowers organizations to work with greater agility to accelerate growth, drive efficiency, and rapidly innovate.
Trusted by more than 30 percent of the Fortune 100, the Catalant Platform enables business leaders to organize and gain visibility into mission critical work, access and dynamically deploy both internal and external resources, and track the speed, quality, and impact of work to drive better business performance. Access to our robust Expert Marketplace of over 55,000 independent experts and 1,000 boutique consulting firms helps organizations fill in critical capabilities and capacity gaps on high-priority projects.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, GE Ventures, and Greylock Partners.
We’re looking for curious, scrappy, talented people with a bias for action to join our team. Your next big thing is already here.
Catalant is looking for our first Business Analytics Manager, to own the foundation of business analytics and foster data-driven decision making across the organization. The ideal candidate is an innovative and impact-oriented builder with a strong technical and statistical skill set, exceptional leadership and communication skills, and a passion for helping companies get mission critical work done faster. The mission of this role will be to create an integrated data & analytics capability spanning product and go-to-market functions.
What you’ll do:
- Select and implement our foundational tooling to create an integrated source of truth for the organization, owning the development and maintenance of data pipelines, core data models and datasets, and data dictionary
- Work with owners of data sources across product, engineering, IT, business systems, and marketing to build reliable data pipelines necessary to create a complete picture of company data
- Conduct exploratory analysis to assess data quality, and collaborate with source data owners to address deficiencies and improve data quality
- Empower teammates and individuals across the organization to conduct “self-serve” data analysis by owning the core data schema, data models, and tools for analysis and visualization
- Uncover opportunities to enhance our data with new sources and methods of data capture
- Own the process for translating high-level product and business problems into questions which can be answered by data-driven analysis
- Take on Catalant’s most complex data, reporting and analytical challenges, in support of our aggressive growth goals and our mission to help our customers get mission critical work done faster
- Work closely with functional leaders across product, marketing, sales, customer success, and finance organizations to provide data, reporting, and analytical support
- Conduct analysis to test hypotheses, uncover actionable insights to drive product and business strategy, and answer ad hoc questions about user behavior, experiment results, customer trends, and business performance
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of experience working in data analysis supporting some combination of product, marketing, sales, and finance teams at a B2B or B2C software company
- Experience working with large data sets as well as a strong demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems leveraging data analysis
- A degree in engineering or a quantitative field including Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Science, or comparable experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present information in a compelling way to technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must; fluency in additional data manipulation languages (Python, R, etc.) and programming languages a plus
- Experience with modern data pipeline, data warehouse, ETL, data modeling, and BI tools (e.g. Stitch, Segment, or Fivetran; Redshift, Snowflake, or BigQuery; Google Analytics, Heap, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, or Snowplow; Looker, Domo, Tableau, or Mode)
- Familiarity with working with structured & unstructured data, ETL processes, and working with large data sets including statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation
- An eye for reporting design, and the ability to find ways to tell meaningful stories from data