Owl Labs is hiring a Business Analyst to join the Business Operations Team. This role is a perfect fit for someone who loves using data to understand and scale all aspects of a business.
The ideal person loves using data to answer any and every question. You believe in using data to inform the business and love digging for information in the databases and spreadsheets. You are driven to always understand why and have an insatiable curiosity. You also want to help others understand why, have great communication and presentation skills and will work across teams to leverage data throughout the business.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Owning business intelligence for Owl Labs and making it accessible to all members of our team.
- Working across functions to help other teams answer questions and understand the impact of the work they are doing.
- Work with the leadership team and provide data and understanding to inform strategic decisions.
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
- Gain experience in a venture-backed startup and have a direct impact on its success.
- See how the entire business is run, and contribute to strategic decisions across all teams.
- Bring big ideas and hustle, and you’ll see the tangible impact of your work in the direction of the company.
The best candidates will have:
- A strategic problem solver’s mind, always thinking about what we can do next in order to better serve our team.
- Extensive data analysis skills and a toolset to match. You can gather data from the source, manipulate and extend it with other information, and create understandable output.
- Self direction and motivation to find, access and explore the data needed to answer the questions.
- A desire to educate others to help the company solve problems broadly.
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to pull together the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Hustle muscle and love for exceeding goals
- A “no job is too small” mentality
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years experience in a data science or business analyst role
Owl Labs is 33% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA.