Big Data Analyst
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving. Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Our commitment to our Employees:
- Have an Impact: Join us and Day 1, play a role in shaping our digital transformation.
- Grow your Career: Our focus us helping you grow the core competencies to shape your technology career
- Work that Matters: We are a roadside business singularly focused on making sure our customers are quickly, safely and efficiently supported in their time of need.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for building and maintaining an API driven big data platform engineering solutions with a focus on complex applications that use real-time data pipelines, running quality, integrity algorithms while processing large datasets at scale. Integrates large external data sets like weather, traffic, etc. to allow the data science team to innovate.
- Design, architect and build a data platform over Big Data Technologies.
- Own and establish Reference Architecture for Big Data.
- Help establish and communicate fit of analytical platforms for business prototypes.
- Leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform.
- Acts as the proactive and technical lead engineer for the data platform end to end.
- Capable of driving the firm's central technology vision with requirements and direction.
- Leads and runs conference calls.
- Documents and executes an architecture vision, ability to get on command prompt and troubleshoot / debug.
EDUCATION: MS in computer science, machine learning, operations research, statistics, or another highly quantitative field (BS in similar field and equivalent experience considered)
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of hands-on experience withSpark, Python S3, Dynamo and strong SQL doing predictive modeling, data analysis and Machine Learning
1 - 2 Years experience with Data Visualization tools
SKILLS: Java, Python, Scala, Hadoop, SPARK, Redshift, Redis, MySQL. Web Services experience (AWS, SaaS, EC2, etc.). Experience with OpenStreet map data. Machine learning skills. Data Science Familiarity. High energy and motivation. Experience with Apache Spark, Mesos, Dockers and AWS Stack. Experience with one or more of DynamoDB, Graph databases, Mongo, Oracle. Excellent communication skills. Ability to lead technical discussions and mentor other engineers.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with management and staff across the organization.