At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Azure Data Engineer in all regions. This is primarily a remote position though being close to our California, Chicago, Houson, Lafayette, Seattle, and Atlanta offices is a plus.
As an Azure Data Engineer, you will lead and contribute to cloud-focused engineering teams to deliver end-to-end cloud transformation for our customers as part of our growing Microsoft Azure Practice. This challenging role requires senior knowledge and experience across many facets of cloud technology: application development, hybrid environments / connectivity, container platforms and modern data services, while understanding the governance, security, monitoring and cost management aspects of the entire ecosystem. We are looking for multi-talented professional consultants with deep technical backgrounds, experience building world-class cloud solutions and strong leadership skills.
You will work alongside Perficient resources to serve all needs within the Microsoft Azure cloud, heavily leverage Azure native services for migration and modernization and enable open source and 3rd party solutions on Azure infrastructure. Strong leadership and consulting skills are a must. Successful candidates must be willing to multitask and understand that customer engagements will vary greatly over time, and must maintain and evolve skillsets to meet those needs.
- Implement modern data solutions with Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks, SQL data warehouse, and Cosmos DB
- Provide guidance on data governance, security, and privacy
- Support IaaS and data migrations and PaaS modernizations
- Support data migrations from SQL and open source repositories into modern Azure data services
- Craft high-quality Visio documents to communicate thoroughness of vision for system architecture topology, component design, networking and security of proposed solutions
- Ensure that proper processes are followed on the project, be familiar with industry best practices
- Understand a broad spectrum of technology in order to provide detailed technical design which meets customer requirements
- Provide technical leadership for on-premises assessment, economic forecast and modernization strategy
- Communicate across client’s community – consistently viewed as adding value
- Contribute knowledge, tools and positivity to the greater Perficient culture and community
- Serve as a technical leader and mentor
- 5+ years of solution delivery experience and a Bachelor of Computer Science, MIS or equivalent degree; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total)
- 3+ years delivering solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform with a special emphasis on data solutions and services
- Applicable knowledge of principles summarized in the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework
- Experience developing software architectures and key software components
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS capabilities on cloud platforms
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, AKS, OpenShift or ARO container platforms
- Working knowledge of Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Cost Management or equivalent tooling
- Understanding of data services including CosmosDB, Azure SQL Database, Data Lake, Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse
- Strong experience with Azure Databricks is critical
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with preciseness, assurance and confidence
- Passion for technology and a high technical aptitude
- Self-sufficient, high integrity, more than just competent
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients
- Owns and produces customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form
- Ability to translate requirements from client meetings into requirements documents and proposal presentations
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.