Associate Director, Database Administration at Humana Studio_h
The Associate Director, Database Administration manages and maintains all production and non-production databases. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. The Associate Director, Database Administration requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across department(s).
The Associate Director, Database Administration performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models, defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements. This position optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost. Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and could lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates.
In this highly visible role, you will manage some of the latest database technologies, defining database platform strategy, and inspire, manage, and continuously develop a world-class team of technology professionals. You will participate in “current state” to “future state” database cloud transformation migration strategy, approaches, tools, etc. You will work closely with a wide range of cross-functional resources from across the company, including director/VP level stakeholders. If you are eager to work in a fast paced, innovative, and value-added organization, we would like to talk to you.”
- Supporting on-prem database platforms and toolsets, as well as the planning and execution of activities including, but not limited to, installation, configuration, maintenance, operation, upgrades and tuning (SQL Server, Mongo, MySQL, Oracle, Exadata, etc…)
- Knowledge of core cloud products and services (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google) to assist in the cloud migration of database platforms.
- Develop Architectures for highly scalable and fault-tolerant data platforms using the right mix of technologies, platforms and tools.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for data platforms that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available, and maintainable.
- Establish Data Platform goals, objectives, operations, and procedures. Champion plans, policies, best practices, and standards for the organization
- Troubleshoot system issues. Lead and facilitate root cause analysis and write reports that provide insight into system support activities.
- Help establish a clear, consistent data technology vision and innovation through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Exposure to the latest in tools, technologies, components, processes, and concepts in the data management.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Recruit talent and build teams with the right mix of skills to staff projects and data management operations.
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement, high quality, and innovation, while being customer centric.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 or more years of technical experience
- 2 or more years of management experience
- Experience integrating new technologies with existing technologies
- Experience implementing technologies with enterprise-wide impact
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Healthcare industry experience
- One or more of the following: CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma Certification