Associate Director, Data Science (with Consumer Marketing experience) at Humana Studio_h
The Associate Director, Data Science uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Associate Director, Data Science requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across department(s).
The Associate Director, Data Science develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Decisions are typically related to identifying and resolving complex technical and operational problems within department(s), and could lead multiple managers or highly specialized professional associates.
The Associate Director, Data Science:
- Acts with a true sense of urgency; prioritizes efficiently and leads a talented team of Senior Data Scientists towards well-defined outcomes;
- Owns key initiatives & deliverables especially in Deep Learning applications, remote monitoring device applications, Machine Learning as a Service platform implementations, Data Science application development & deployment in cloud-based environments;
- Maintains strong talent pipeline and hires right talent into the team in line with our hiring framework; coaches existing talent to elevate them to the best of their capacity;
- Influences key stakeholders and business partners through strong relationships; advises leadership on opportunities.
Come join us if you would like to…
0) have absolute fun with the rest of us,
1) develop right analytical solutions from a diverse repertoire of analytical techniques,
2) be the disrupter, not the disrupted,
3) mentor junior talent and be proud of seeing their growth,
4) challenge & be challenged by the team and leadership
- Master degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science) and 6+ years technical experience
- 2+ years leading teams of Data Scientists or other leading edge analytics focus
- Possesses a solid understanding of how organizational capabilities interrelate across departments and the ability to lead across large and matrixed environments
- Experience in developing, maintaining and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience creating advanced analytics to support business strategy
- Experience identifying and resolving complex technical and operations problems
- Working knowledge and experience in statistical analysis packages SAS, Python, R
- Experience in building machine learning models(Regression, Decision Tree, Random Forest, Neural Networks, etc)
- Experience in cutting edge data science capabilities such as cloud based ecosystems, IoT, Deep Learning, Wearables, NLP with Audio/Video, on edge ML solutions
- 6+ years’ experience in data mining, statistics, analytical methods and tools, techniques and algorithms
- Experience in Consumer Marketing
Expertise in forecasting or people analytics is a plus.
- PhD in a quantitative field (Statistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Data Science)
- Experience in programming language (Hadoop, Hive, Java, Scala etc.)
- Working knowledge/ Experience in Big Data tools is a plus
- Experience in data visualization such as Tableau
- Experience with health care data