At Chewy, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception, so Chewy is looking for an Associate Director Data Architect to join our Enterprise People Analytics Team based in Dania Beach, FL. In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert on HR data, where you will support and drive the implementation of new data sets and enhancements within the enterprise HR data model. This role reports into the Director, Enterprise People Analytics and will act as the liaison between cross-functional business and technology teams, and will be responsible for translating complex business needs into effective data design recommendations using leading practices in data modeling. In partnership with IT, you will leverage your deep expertise of data, processes, and systems to translate requirements into solutions, providing best-in-class user experience. You will partner with key stakeholders within HR (such as Recruiting, Learning & Development, Business Partners, Compensation) and outside HR (such as Fulfillment Centers, Customer Service, Finance, etc.) to act as a consultant in solving people data questions.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and shape the overall data architecture including data from each source system (Workday, including modules such as: HCM, Advanced Compensation, Benefits, Talent, Payroll, Absence, as well as Kronos, Greenhouse and Hyperion).
- Act as the primary authority on the data model within the HR Data Mart; design, own and maintain the unified data model that is self-healing for schema changes; review and approve data requirements.
- Contribute to establishing and governing the data strategies and their impact on application and system architecture.
- Work closely with IT on conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling.
- Work with product teams to identify business requirements, facilitate requirements review and sign-off sessions.
- Drive key decisions on the master data definitions, business rules and logic and own the HR Data Dictionary.
- Design and implement a data quality monitoring system. The system should include source-to-target data validations as well as anomaly detection.
- Partner with IT to define the technical solutions to support the data and visualization layers of the solution.
- Provide security, best practices (e.g., rules of anonymization) and controls for analyzing employee data.
- Sleuth through large amounts of data to uncover usage patterns, subtle issues with the system, potential performance enhancements, and areas to improve user experience.
- Collaborate closely with IT, HR, Product Management, Finance, and Compliance to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities to create more value for our customers.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems.
- Actively work towards adoption and engagement of a data-driven people decisions mindset across the company.
- Actively educate and empower our HR Business Partners, recruiting operations org, and stakeholders.
- See beyond the presenting numbers to help stakeholders interpret the data accurately and tell a story.
- Have understanding of HR and Finance business drivers, data structures and system architectures.
- Mitigate compliance risk and support auditing.
What You’ll Need:
- Have at a minimum a Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of specific experience working with or within people analytics team involving people data architecture and systems.
- Skilled in source system data analysis and data modeling (STTM) – Conceptual, Logical, Physical.
- Experience with ELT architecture/design/implementation.
- Strong SQL and other data access technologies.
- Ability to automate reporting and work across functional teams.
- Experience with Jira stories or epics.
- Working with or building out a data warehouse stack with 2+ years experience with AWS, Google, Cloud or Azure.
- Understanding of transformation (e.g. Alteryx) beyond the Data Warehouse.
- Experience implementing data quality profiling; design and build automated test scripts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills - able to translate between technical and business groups, bring forward a vision or opinion.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy with ability to design and develop solutions to meet business needs creatively.
- Comfort with leading multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize decisions and tasks effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to influence and communicate technical content to non-technical audience.
- Bring a consultative mindset and are able to experiment and innovate.
- Are highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and looking for the right company to support your growth.
- Above all else, you are Bright, Kind, and Motivated by Challenge!
- Position may require travel.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com