Associate Data Scientist
This position is focused on driving innovation in the core business, including projects analyzing data from our extensive call-center operations, our network of roadside assistance service providers, and helping other groups understand and make use of the insights gained from the analyses in the Data Science and Analytics group.
- Research and experiment with Agero's call-center and roadside assistance dispatch data to gain new insights and drive innovation
- Develop models and prescriptive analyses to help optimize the performance of our extensive service provider network, from dispatching models, new recruiting tools, etc.
- Develop automated analysis and reporting processes, reusable tools to improve modeling and analysis workflows
- Create dashboards, data products, and deploy models for use by stakeholders
- Help to guide future call-center policies and procedures through data-driven analysis
- Improve processes of identification/remediation of faults and gaps in our service provider network
- Participate in research projects throughout the full process: problem definition, data gathering and cleaning, proof-of-concept analysis, full-scale analysis, model building, productionalization, etc.
- Communicate research results effectively in written and spoken forms to various audiences including product management, engineering, executives, and customers.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Advanced degree in a technical field (physical science, engineering, mathematics) or comparable work experience or 2 years of experience working in a comparable function.
- Proven ability to manipulate and clean real-world data (preferably in Python)
- Proficient analytical coding skills (preferably in Python)
- Ability to deliver insights through effective data visualization
- Good communication skills both in written (technical documents, Python notebooks) and spoken (meetings, presentations) forms
- Willing and able to learn and meet business needs
- Independent, self-organizing, and able to prioritize multiple complex assignments
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL); Machine Learning and/or other advanced statistical techniques; version control (ideally Git) in shared projects; distributed computing and storage frameworks (Spark, Hadoop); dashboarding tools (Tableau, Looker, Dash, Microsoft Power BI) a plus
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all levels of management and staff across the organization as well as clients.