Associate Data Integrity Specialist, Dealer Data
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus, the world’s largest car search platform, is looking for an Associate Data Integrity Specialist to join our team. Data and content integrity are critical to the growth of CarGurus expanding global business. This role will be integral in ensuring the consistency of the data and content on the CarGurus platform. You will work closely within Data Integrity and across the organization to help implement best practices and optimize efficiency for the team.
What You’ll Do:
The Associate Data Integrity Specialist will work with our Data Integrity team to verify data in our system against online sources to ensure we have complete and accurate business and inventory information for all new- and used-car dealerships in North America and Europe. Primary tasks include confirming and updating basic business information (such as dealership names, websites, street addresses, telephone numbers, social media accounts) and checking our dealership directory for duplicate entries. An ability to read French, Italian, or Spanish would be helpful in reviewing information about dealers in Canada, Italy, and Spain. In addition, you will review dealer pricing and investigate instances of possible fraud to ensure compliance with company policies. After initial training period, you will provide limited queue and fraud coverage on the weekends.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities with great attention to detail
- Strong online research skills
- Problem solving skills with the willingness to take ownership and resolve issues
- Creative, analytical mind with the ability to think critically and a willingness to ask questions
- Conversational or professional proficiency in Spanish, Italian, and/or French a plus
- Desire to thrive in and grow with a high-performing and collaborative team
- Willingness to pitch in as needed on other Data Integrity activities and projects
- At least 1 year experience in a professional environment or equivalent internship experience
- Ability to work weekends over an adjusted week
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.