The Associate Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Associate Actuary, Analytics/Forecasting work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. We’re looking for quantitatively trained and experienced professionals, who have naturally curious and innovative minds who want to be part of a fun and productive team. If you have a "Roll up your sleeves and get dirty in the data" attitude and have prior modeling experience, this opportunity is for you.
Be a part of the actuarial, and provider network analytics world – develop analytic models to identify measure and evaluate risk to determine future opportunities.
Humana is seeking an Associate Actuary that can perform the assessment of provider risk opportunities, provider network design, provider reimbursement strategies, and medical cost savings that could positively impact the financial performance of Humana. In this role you will utilize actuarial techniques to aid pricing, network development and segment sales.
- Assess market competitiveness and evaluate impact of provider contracts
- Implement area-specific plans and goals that help enhance business-wide objectives
- Produce cost and utilization statistics for data mining and modeling to appropriately price Humana’s business
- Development of sound applications and models necessary to efficiently measure, monitor, and forecast competitiveness
- Create cooperative working relationships with business partners and external consultants
- Produce insights and analysis that serve as a resource for network, actuarial segment, and segment sales leaders in aspects related to medical cost and utilization analysis and provider economics
- Comply with Actuarial Standards of Practice
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Meets eligibility requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced Technology Skills – including Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications, SQL
- Ability to certify statements of Actuarial opinion
- Ability to translate technical issues to staff and manager
- Team building skills
- Project management capability - able to plan and organize work for self and others on a team
- Experience in more than one discipline (e.g., modeling, pricing, rate filing, reporting & analysis, reserving or trending)
This role will ideally be located in the Chicago Mkt Ofc, but can be located in any Humana mkt office or WAH