Applied Data Scientist and Statistician at ASICS Digital
- Develop and support machine-learning models (naïve Bayes, random forest, gradient boosting, neural networks, etc.) that personalize and adapt the user experience for ASICS' fitness apps.
- Work with software engineers to productionize these models.
- Design and analyze digital experiments for our apps and e-commerce platforms, including analysis of heterogeneous treatment effects and use of Bayesian statistics to describe experimental outcomes.
- Identify important factors driving customer behavior using techniques such as Markov chains and the Gale-Shapley algorithm.
- Develop forecasting and anomaly detection models using additive regression techniques, such as Facebook’s Prophet.
- Educate colleagues on key concepts in statistics, data analysis, and experimentation best practices.
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics or a related field and two years in the job offered or two years data analysis experience.
- Experience must include two years each of the following:
- Analyzing and developing models with data using a data-oriented programming language such as Python or R
- Using AWS services such as SageMaker, Comprehend, and S3
- Using Google Analytics to monitor and analyze site performance metrics; building reporting and data visualizations in Tableau
- Extracting and manipulating data from cloud data warehouses using Snowflake SQL or Google BigQuery
- Analyzing and reporting on the results of A/B tests for websites and mobile applications
- Using statistics to compare and contrast populations
- Developing and presenting analysis reports and training materials to business stakeholders
- Setting up targeted marketing campaigns and experiments using a cloud-based campaign management platform such as MessageGears or Iterable.