Applied Data Science Lead and Architect (Experience Center)
The Lead Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Lead Data Scientist works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
At Humana we combine the best of health, data and technology to uncover valuable new insights for our patients, providers, and partners. We forge unique relationships with non-traditional data providers and use cutting edge technology to parse billions ofdata points every day and generate fresh insights and superior analysis into where markets and companies are going.
Humana is seeking an experienced Team Lead and Architect to lead our new Data Engineering team to help us deliver cutting edge investment and market research and data to our customers. We are looking for a seasoned developer and team leader comfortable architecting solutions in AWS. You will build and lead a team of skilled Data Engineering professionals. You will be responsible building and owning the data pipelines that deliver data to internal customers and for developing tooling and services
that enable our research teams and data scientists to create data and processing pipelines that scale as we grow.
This is an opportunity to build a team and define Data Engineering at Humana. Help us build the processes and services for a world class platform for the Financial industry. You will be working on a compact Agile team and will have wide freedom to build and
own the services and processes on AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in Python and at least one Big Data processing platform such as Databricks,
- Apache Spark, Hadoop, HIVE, etc.
- Proficient in SQL and creating ETL processes (any of MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, TDD, Git
- Experience with at least some of the following Amazon Web Services: Ec2, ECS,
- Fargate, Lambda, S3, VPC’s, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Cognito, SQS, SNS, SES,
- Kinesis, Aurora, Athena
- Experience or desire to work in a DevOps Culture (you and your team fully own, build,
- deploy and support your product)
- Experience building and maintaining production data delivery pipelines for big data at
- large scale.
- SOLID Design Principles, Microservices or SOA
- AWS Certifications
- Big Data, data pipelines, Machine Learning
- Exposure to Data Science and Data Engineering
- Experience with concurrent distributed systems
- Master's Degree
This position is located in our Boston Experience Center - in office 8am -5pm.