TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is seeking a Member Analytics Lead to drive business analysis for one of TripAdvisor's most vital business units. The Consumer Experience group is the voice of the user and is passionate about championing that voice to ensure TripAdvisor is a delight to use.
TripAdvisor is a very data focused company and we are seeking an experienced analyst who can help us fulfill the growing demand for data driven decision making. This role will be pivotal in informing the product roadmap and direction of the Membership team through identification of opportunities and insightful analysis.
We are looking for someone who is pro-active and hands-on, but also capable of contributing towards the longer term strategy and vision for Member Analytics at TripAdvisor.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll live in the data. You’re primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth in user engagement and revenue through analysis of performance metrics.
- You’ll light the way forward. Together with Product Managers, define data goals for specific revenue growth projects that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in a meaningful business outcome.
- You’ll fully own data quality and make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Your expertise will recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis of completed A/B tests that assess impact across a range of metrics.
- You’ll influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company using data driven insights to highlight the user’s perspective so clearly that it compels change to occur.
- You’ll guide the business in our evolution from thinking about revenue as a “per session” metric to a function of the lifetime value of each customer.
- You’ll work closely with the CRM Team in identifying member engagement behaviors and help shape up the contact strategy
- You’ll work closely with the Machine Learning Team in identifying different approaches of measuring the impact of membership
- Maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices.
What We Seek:
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must. Amazon Redshift and PostgreSQL are highly desirable. Hive / Hadoop cluster querying a plus.
- Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools).
- Hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- You will have excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior growth..
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with status quo.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Emotional and professional maturity required along with great people and relationship skills.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Commercial Analyst for an online consumer transactional business, with a background in supporting a growth product or marketing organization. Travel industry experience is a plus.