Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Analytics Engineer will play an integral role on our Data Infrastructure & Performance (DIP) team. This person will have the chance to build a brand new Analytics layer in our data warehouse from scratch using dbt. This new layer aims to make our data easier to use, and insights easier to extract, than ever before. The ideal candidate has high standards for their work, and for that of their peers. They should demonstrate a practical expertise in building enterprise solutions at scale, identifying opportunities to improve user experience, and pushing the envelope of data modeling. We are looking for a motivated, energetic candidate with experience creatively solving data complexities of various sizes and levels of cleanliness - with the ultimate goal of enabling analysts, product managers, and peers throughout Toast to make data-informed decisions.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Help drive the introduction of dbt to the BI platform and implement best practices for the new tool.
- Develop the Analytics layer in our data warehouse using impeccable dbt code. This layer of our data warehouse will make our source data more accessible and consistent for our stakeholders, enabling them to get the data they need to make the right decisions.
- Define complex business logic using SQL to help measure success across various departments & teams.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand their BI and data needs, and ensure those needs are met by our dbt models.
- Work closely with both the data engineering team & data visualization team to ensure scalability across the BI platform.
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, and/or Data Engineering roles.
- Deep experience developing in dbt.
- Highly proficient in SQL. You can interpret and optimize queries, for performance, written by other analysts and engineers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment and comfortable operating under ambiguity. You are up to the challenge of designing standards and best practices from the ground up, and love collaborating with colleagues to solve complex problems.
- Bachelor's degree in an advanced quantitative field (or equivalent experience); such as mathematics, economics/finance, computer science, or physical science.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with Looker and/or other BI dashboard tools
- Experience in cloud-based data warehouses, specifically Snowflake.
- Experience with Python is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.