Analytics Engineer - On Ramp - Recent Graduate Program at CarGurus
Meet CarGurus—the #1 most visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace. We're not just a car shopping site, we aspire to connect buyers and sellers and ultimately to create trusted connections in buying, selling and the many other ancillary decisions involved in owning a car by providing data transparency and using technology to make complex insights easily accessible.
Take on new challenges. Train. Grow. See the potential in every step forward.
On Ramp is a one year training program aimed at transforming new college graduates into productive members of the CarGurus technical team. Engineers in the On Ramp program will receive one month of classroom training then transition to real-life projects with company-wide impact. For the duration of the program, engineers will get personalized mentoring and coaching, receive additional training, as well as have the opportunity to build a valuable network with peers. Upon completion of the program, engineers are invited to continue contributing to their project teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with stakeholders to translate business analysis requirements into logical data models and visualizations using our analytics platform
- Build a scalable data platform that enables data driven decisions, processes, and insights throughout the company
- Turn data science algorithms and predictions into reliable production-grade systems
Who You Are:
- Experience with SQL and/or Python
- Able to work in independent and cross-functional settings within a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inquisitive and excited to learn about building production grade systems and supporting what you build
- Interest in applying your technical skills to solve business problems with data
Mathematics, Analytics, Economics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or similar
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and data-driven. We have a respect for testing and learning, and a healthy aversion to meaningless meetings. We’re committed to diversity and inclusion because we want all employees to have a sense of belonging. To power you through the day, our kitchens are stocked with snacks and drinks. Lunch is catered daily. All employees are shareholders. We believe giving back is important, so we have established an Open Source Fund and Charitable Giving program which make quarterly donations to employee recommended organizations. We recognize that everyone has a life outside of the office which is why we have flexible schedules and unlimited personal time.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy, and Spain with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Program begins in Spring/ Summer of 2020.