AI Ethics and Governance Lead
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Science Team, part of Enterprise Technology and Experience, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring an Artificial Intelligence(AI) - Ethics and Governance Lead to join our team.What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of methods in machine learning and Artificial Intelligence, and ideally has practitioner experience. Data, analytics and algorithmic decision making are at the core of MassMutual’s digital evolution. In this role you will be responsible for implementing an enterprise program that holistically addresses algorithm governance and enables the delivery of superior customer experiences, trust and loyalty. This leader will be responsible for working with data scientists and other leaders across the organization on policy and implementing processes and systems that inventory, assess, organize, measure, and track the firm’s algorithmic assets and models.Objectives of the role
- Deliver a principles-driven, adaptive policy framework to inventory, assess, organize, measure, and track MassMutual’s AI assets across the enterprise.
- Champion and facilitate adoption of the framework to enable confident innovation with machine learning and algorithmic decision making across all business channels.
- Establish and maintain the program and be responsible for identifying and following trends in the broader global marketplace.
- Collaborate and partner with other leaders across our data science team, business channels, law, compliance and enterprise risk, and information security for best practices and execution.
- Develop and implement algorithm standards and standards of use.
- Establish quantitative measures of policy compliance including algorithm measures that include performance, fairness, accountability, transparency, and auditability.
- Collaborate with various departments to establish automated processes that collect and compute measures of progress.
- Continuously improve and advocate enterprise data, algorithm and AI governance policies.
- Maintain a strategic roadmap for AI governance roll-out across the enterprise.
- Create and maintain a meta-data asset that accurately characterizes the firm’s algorithms through time, as well as their adherence to governance policies.
- Identify and engage AI leaders across the enterprise and coordinate with them to achieve adoption and consistency of governance across business channels.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging practices for improving algorithm and AI governance practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Financial services knowledge, including core business processes and regulations.
- Knowledge of methods in machine learning and artificial intelligence. Practitioner experience considered a strong plus.
- Knowledge of metrics associated with characterizing performance, bias, variance, and error of algorithms and predictive models.
- Extensive experience establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
- Able to work independently.
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., J.D.).
- Knowledge of reference data architectures and models for financial services (insurance and retirement plans).
- Expertise with the following are considered a strong plus: software development/DevOps, financial industry regulations, GDPR, vendor management, and agile methodologies.
- Work in Boston Office.
- Some travel to Springfield, Amherst and New York.