AI Ethics and Governance Lead
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge and practitioner experience with methods in machine learning and Artificial Intelligence needed to address the complex challenges associated with these emerging technologies. Data, analytics and algorithmic decision making are at the core of MassMutual’s digital evolution. In this role you will be responsible for implementing a principles-driven enterprise program that holistically addresses AI/ML governance at scale and enables the delivery of superior customer experiences, trust and loyalty. This leader will be responsible for working with data scientists and other leaders across the organization on policy and implementing processes and systems that inventory, assess, organize, measure, and track the firm’s algorithmic assets and models.Objectives of the role
- Deliver a principles-driven, adaptive policy framework to inventory, assess, organize, measure, and track MassMutual’s AI assets across the enterprise.
- Champion and facilitate adoption of the framework to enable confident innovation with machine learning and algorithmic decision making across all business channels.
- Establish and maintain the program and be responsible for identifying and following trends in industry, academia and legislature.
- Collaborate and partner with leaders across our data science team, business channels, law, compliance, enterprise risk, and information security for policy making and best practices.
- Develop and implement AI/ML standards and standards of use.
- Establish quantitative measures of policy compliance including algorithm measures that include performance, fairness, accountability, transparency, and auditability.
- Collaborate with various departments to establish automated processes that collect and compute measures of progress.
- Maintain a strategic roadmap for AI governance roll-out across the enterprise.
- Create and maintain a meta-data asset that accurately characterizes the firm’s algorithms through time, as well as their adherence to governance policies.
- Identify and engage AI leaders across the enterprise and coordinate with them to achieve adoption and consistency of governance across business channels.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging practices for improving algorithm and AI governance practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Knowledge of methods for designing, developing, testing, peer-reviewing, and deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions. Practitioner experience is considered a strong plus.
- Knowledge of metrics associated with characterizing performance, bias, variance, and error of algorithms and predictive models.
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise governance programs in highly regulated industries.
- Extensive experience establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
- Financial services knowledge, including core business processes and regulations.
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., J.D.).
- Knowledge of public policy making
- Expertise with the following are considered a strong plus: software development/DevOps, financial industry regulations, CCPA/GDPR, and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of reference data architectures and models for financial services (insurance and retirement plans).
- Work in Boston Office.
- Some travel to Springfield, Amherst and New York.