Actuary - Stable Value Products at MassMutual
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Stable Value Products Actuary, you will utilize your business and technical knowledge experience to influence strategy and execute on driving risk controlled profitable growth. This role will require combining technical actuarial skills with influence, collaboration, and effective communication with internal business lines, corporate and other MassMutual functions, as well as interaction with external clients, intermediaries and partners.
In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly valuestrong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- Applies broad or deep expertise in pricing, valuation, research, risk management and/or other actuarial functions.
- Executes complex projects, utilizing business acumen to manage potential issues and conflict.
- Influences and engages actuaries and non-actuaries and effectively communicates technical and non-technical information.
- Navigates complexity and ambiguity, resourcefully identifies multiple solutions to a problem, and anticipates and evaluates potential courses of action. Possesses the relevant actuarial credential for the role, and may have additional credentials.
Daily and monthly responsibilities - What your days and weeks will include.
- Supporting the Stable Value Products for both the Institutional and Workplace Solutions product lines.
- Supporting and leading projects related to product changes and new product offerings including pricing, contracts, filing, and risk assessment
- Building and maintaining pricing models
- Analysis of risks and underwriting considerations and participating in contract negotiations
- Performing experience studies and setting assumptions
- Liaison with Corporate teams on ALM and crediting rate strategies
- Presenting complex analyses and concepts to executive management
- Reporting on stable value products & performing financial analyses and forecasting
- Soliciting and analysis of competitive data
- Influencing and contribution to ongoing business strategy and growth
- Supporting of analysis for other Institutional Solutions products as needed (e.g. Pension Risk Transfer, Funding Agreements, etc.)
Required skills and qualifications - The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- An accomplished ASA or FSA with experience in pricing or product development
- 6+ years’ experience in an Actuarial role
- Demonstrates leadership and influence
- Demonstrates initiative and sense of urgency; takes ownership and is results-orientated
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Disciplined approach to strategic initiatives, business projects and day-to-day activities
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex information, as well as convey complex materials to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with both complexity and ambiguity, with ability to explore multiple solutions to a problem
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Advanced business degree and/or professional qualifications
Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred qualifications - Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- Knowledgeable in aspects of stable value products