Actuary, Market Support - Employer Group Market Risk Management
At Humana, the Market Risk Management Actuarial team is at the heart of executing on the strategic priorities for the Employer Group segment. Our teams drive business results by developing strategies and pricing actions at the market level to achieve profitability and membership targets. An Actuary on this team serves as a regional lead, manages a team of 1-3 actuaries, and oversees several Employer Group markets.
Key responsibilities for the Actuary include:
- Manage a team of 1-3 actuaries to develop, retain, and grow talent.
- Oversee the actuarial functions for several Employer Group markets.
- Peer review and provide sign-off for state and federal rate filings and rate certifications.
- Establish market specific pricing targets that achieve nationwide segment guidance.
- Evaluate market level financial projections to investigate and analyze gaps in actual performance to expectation.
- Collaborate with key business partners (actuarial and non-actuarial) to understand market dynamics and innovate market level growth initiatives.
- Communicate and present rate recommendations and market financial results to senior leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree
- FSA or ASA plus relevant advanced degree, recent and relevant work experience, and/or other relevant professional designations.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in more than two functions (e.g., modeling, pricing, rate filing, reporting & analysis, reserving or trending)
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experience
- Access, SQL
- Experience working with the markets or sales in Commercial or Medicare environments
- Interest in leading actuarial students (2 direct reports)
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with non-actuarial business partners
- Rate filing experience
- Presentation skills or strong desire to practice presentation skills
- Collaborator and team-player
- Ability to work in one of the following cities: Green Bay, Milwaukee, Louisville or Chicago. WAH is also and option for this role.