2022 Data Science Opportunities at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, and analytical people to join our teams in Boston, MA, Dania Beach FL, and Bellevue, WA for various Data Science Opportunities. Our Data Science team here at Chewy works across all platforms of marketing, e-commerce, and supply chain.
What You'll Do:
You will play a pivotal role in identifying growth opportunities, cost-savings efficiencies, as well as shaping the direction of the broader organization. Ideal candidates will have strong analytical experience, the ability to independently identify trends from big data, and be able to develop operational strategies based on findings. The keys to success include strong accountability, a passion for innovation, and an analytical mindset that never stops pushing forward.
While no two days at Chewy look the same, you can expect to:
- Conduct research through detailed analysis of historical data to identify opportunities throughout the business
- Research, design, and implement predictive models and classifiers built off billions of rows of data
- Monitor business trends, analyze data, and develop forecasts for our e-commerce retail platform
- Create models to assist in the opportunity identification process
- Lead identification of trends and KPI’s with the objective of improving marketing performance
- Develop tools to create efficiencies such as quickly identifying optimal source offerings for each item in the catalog
We are looking to bring in the next generation of data-driven people who will help us in our mission to become the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents. Think you have what it takes to join our pack?
Possible start dates for this role are between January 2022 and June 2022.
What You’ll Need:
- Current enrollment in a Master’s or PhD degree program, focused primarily within Statistics
- Completion of at least 1 prior internship or professional experience working in a data-intensive environment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing SQL queries
- Experience in Python, R, or other Data Science object-oriented programming language
- Experience with applying machine learning techniques at scale and their tuning parameters (Neural Networks, Random Forest, Bayesian Models, K-Means Clustering)
- Experience working in Tableau or similar data visualization platform
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in an environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com