Data Warehouse Architect
ezCater is the #1 online -and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $21 billion market. Our 1.5M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners and Iconiq Capital, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for talented data warehouse architects who really know how to make a data warehouses hum. Our growth is driven by informed decisions in all corners of the company. At ezCater, we want to be data-driven in everything we do. To achieve that, we’re building a best-in-class data warehousing solution. We push ourselves every day to get more data, create a fantastic data analytics and data science experience for our users and craft real-world solutions to unlock the value of our information.
- Deep experience with building data warehouses in Redshift, Snowflake, SQL Server et al
- A love of SQL; both using it and teaching it
- A love of data modeling. The backbone of a good data warehouse is the model
- A passion for customer service. If the data model is the backbone of the data warehouse, serving the end users is the heart
- A blend of hands-on technical, business analyst and great communication skills
What you’ll do:
- Work with the entire team to prioritize our backlog by business value and effort
- Partner with Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Customer Service and others to truly understand what data is needed to help them be successful
- Scope, build and maintain the enterprise data warehouse model
- Work with the data engineering team to populate the data warehouse and extend it through smart aggregation
- Support the data analysts in building a core set of KPIs, supporting the notion of a single source of truth
- Build an agile, purpose-driven data warehouse that delivers the right data at the right time in the right place….and in a way, we can show its right
What you’ll get from us: Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, gym reimbursement, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.