Every decision we make, big or small, is backed by data. Wayfair is looking for an energetic Data Analyst to join its Business Intelligence group. Wayfair’s BI group builds and maintains all aspects of the systems that provide business data used to drive decision making throughout the company. The candidate should be able to quickly become familiar with the data and its structure. The candidate should have good problem solving, communication skills, as well as business and technical acumen. Our data analysts grow in their expertise of the company data and analysis. Key functions of this role will be to navigate large volumes of data and create ad hoc queries and reports to support needs of business users. The analyst will work collaboratively with nearly all groups throughout the organization to provide support in solving complex business questions.
An ideal candidate has:
- 1+ years of professional experience in an analytical role.
- Experience working with MS Excel, MS SQL Server T-SQL.
- Experience gathering requirements from business users.
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of business intelligence concepts.
- A strong desire to learn
- A genuine love of data exploration
- Knowledge of basic database principles.
- Ability to think critically about issues and provide input
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, economics or another quantitatively focused discipline.
"Nice to have" skills:
- Experience with data visualization suites and major BI platforms (Tableau, Spotfire, DOMO, Looker, Qlikview, etc.)
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Experience with SSRS and VBA.
- Experience tuning SQL.
- Knowledge of OLAP systems
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.