Virtual Event Producer (Boston-based freelance role) at Videolink
At VideoLink, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service, passion for excellence, spirit of teamwork and the focus on continued innovation. Our employees and freelancers are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
***Please note that this position is not an entry-level position. To be considered for the position it is essential to have a portfolio and resume that demonstrate the stated job requirements.***
We are looking for a video producer with broad video production experience to produce virtual events. We have developed a robust virtual video production and virtual event production business, and we are looking for a producer who can lead production, and can work as a team member on complex virtual events for high profile corporate clients.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for coordinating and executing all phases of production from pre-through-post. The right producer will have excellent client skills, be highly organized, and creative. Your will have experience using a wide range of online collaboration tools and platforms, as well as virtual event platforms. A solid visual design sense and proven ability to stay within budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Generate creative concepts and treatments for virtual events
- Manage all elements of Virtual Event and traditional Video production projects
- Create and monitor project timelines
- Schedule and lead client meetings, manages all project details
- Supervise Associate Producers, editors, freelance staff, and other virtual event production team members
- Serve as Supporting Producer on productions led by other Producers
- Conduct tech rehearsals and remote client presentation training
- Produce and directs remote video recording sessions in Zoom, Teams, and Webex
- Manage virtual event platform production and design
- Source crews for local and national field productions
- Pre-produce location and studio productions
- Field produce and direct
- Supervise edit, graphics, and animation sessions
- Secure necessary equipment for productions and assure that they fit within budget constraints.
- Ensure that all new vendors complete necessary paperwork for Accounting.
- Negotiate rates with vendors and freelance crewmembers if necessary.
- 5+ years of video production experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent client skills
- Excellent knowledge of Zoom, Teams, and Webex
- Excellent knowledge of Powerpoint, Sharepoint, JoinMe, and other online collaboration tool
- Experience producing and directing C-suite talent
- Demonstrable experience as a segment/field producer
- Demonstrable ability to pre-produce and coordinate multiple ongoing shoots
- Technical knowledge of studio and field production and post-production
- Track record of creating and adhering to tight budgets
- Understanding of current trends in virtual event production
- Experience producing virtual events highly desirable
- Editing experience (Adobe Premiere) not required but desirable
- Track record of being organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and working well in a team atmosphere as well as having the capability to work well individually, is essential.
- Strong work ethic, self-directed, self-motivated, patient, persistent and able to get along with coworkers and customer
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, even under stress.
- Travel is required based on time and location of remote productions.
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply online. Also, please send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your demo reel. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations in cover letter.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.