Video Producer at Klaviyo
Video Producers are responsible for overseeing the production of high-quality video and audio content that helps Klaviyo customers learn ecommerce marketing strategies and best practices to grow their businesses. You will manage video and audio content projects from start to finish—from ideation to storyboarding to filming to editing to collaborating on distribution plans to measuring performance.
You’ll creatively tell stories through both short and long-form video and audio content (60-second tutorials, short animations, videos for certifications and courses, podcasts, etc.), and you’ll work closely with Klaviyo’s Academy content specialists, technical writers, and Growth success managers to turn concepts into content and create digestible, high-quality video and audio projects that both entertain and educate the audience while aligning with Klaviyo’s brand.
Academy’s mission is to enable our customers to grow their businesses through self-serve content, so you’ll be playing a critical role in helping both Klaviyo and its customers achieve business goals. A successful candidate is first and foremost an educator who understands how to identify the best format to help customers learn core concepts and strategies. You will know how to coach your fellow Klaviyos on what makes for exceptional video/audio content, and how to keep the content production process moving smoothly and on-brand. You’ll be part of the Academy team and report to Klaviyo’s Manager of Academy.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Pitch ideas. You’ll understand Klaviyo’s customers, their challenges and opportunities, what differences and similarities exist across segments and personas, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas for highly engaging video and audio content that’ll help to solve business problems and make an impact.
- Create video and audio content. You’ll collaborate with Academy content specialists, technical writers, and Growth team members to come up with new ideas for video and audio-based content that’ll appeal to an audience across a variety of channels and at different stages of their customer lifecycle. Ultimately, you’ll bring video and audio-based creative ideas to life.
- Manage production and production logistics. You know what goes into producing high-quality video and audio content, and you’ll handle the production process from end to end—everything from scoping projects to scripting videos to post-production to jazzing it all up with graphics and animations and more.
- Develop a video strategy for Klaviyo’s self-serve ecosystem. You’ll collaborate with Klaviyo’s Academy, Growth, Community, and Design teams to identify the best format for content across a number of different mediums.
- Monitor performance. You’ll collaborate with team members to keep an eye on and share how many people are watching, sharing, and subscribing for our content.
Who You Are:
- You’re a rock-star creative thinker, storyteller, and communicator.
- You’re an expert in distilling information into easily understandable and engaging video and audio content, and you enjoy coaching and mentoring people on how to create great content across these formats.
- You have experience with professional-grade camera, lighting, and audio equipment, and you’re proficient with video and audio editing software and post-production techniques.
- You work well independently, but also know when you’ll work better as a team and collaborator.
- You’re curious by nature, you’re just as comfortable being on-air as you are behind the scenes, and you’re energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- If you can create motion graphics and animations, that’s a plus!
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 30,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.