Video Producer at Klaviyo
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:28 p.m. (EST) on Monday, April 27, 2020
The Video Producer is responsible for overseeing the production of high-quality marketing video and audio content that helps Klaviyo and its customers grow their businesses. S/he will manage video and audio content projects from start to finish—from ideation to storyboarding to filming to editing to collaborating on distribution plans to measuring performance.
You’ll creatively tell stories through both short and long-form video and audio content (social ads/teasers, show-based content, etc.), and you’ll work closely with Klaviyo’s content strategists and the creative team to turn concepts into content and create high-quality video and audio projects that both entertain and educate the audience while aligning with Klaviyo’s brand.
Content is the cornerstone of our plan to build awareness for Klaviyo and to grow our community, so you’ll be playing a critical role in the growth of our business and in helping both Klaviyo and its customers achieve business goals.
The successful candidate is first and foremost a marketer who understands how to identify the best format to tell compelling stories. S/he will know how to coach your fellow Klaviyos on what makes for exceptional video/audio content, and how to keep the content production process moving smoothly and on-brand.
You’ll be part of the Content Marketing team and you’ll report to Klaviyo’s Managing Editor.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Pitch ideas. You’ll understand Klaviyo’s customers, their challenges and opportunities, what differences and similarities exist across segments and personas, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas for highly engaging video and audio content that’ll help to solve business problems and make an impact.
- Create video and audio content. You’ll collaborate with content strategists, demand gen leads, and creative team members to come up with new ideas for video and audio-based content that’ll appeal to an audience across a variety of marketing channels and at different stages of their buyer journey. Ultimately, you’ll bring video and audio-based creative ideas to life.
- Manage production and production logistics. You know what goes into producing high-quality video and audio content, and you’ll handle the production process from end to end—everything from scoping projects to scripting videos to scouting locations to pulling permits to gathering props and more.
- Book and prep on-air talent. You’ll identify, schedule, coach, and prep on-air talent so our video and audio content are both easily digestible and fun to watch/listen to.
- Develop a strategy for Klaviyo’s YouTube and IGTV channels. You’ll collaborate with Klaviyo’s social media strategist to ensure video and audio content is easily discoverable and binge-able by our audience.
- Monitor performance. You’ll collaborate with team members to keep an eye on and share how many people are watching, sharing, and signing up for our content.
Who You Are
- You’re a rock-star creative thinker, storyteller, and communicator.
- You’re an expert in distilling information into easily understandable and engaging video and audio content, and you enjoy coaching and mentoring people on how to create great content across these formats.
- You have experience with professional-grade camera, lighting, and audio equipment, and you’re proficient with video and audio editing software and post-production techniques.
- You’re curious by nature, you’re just as comfortable being on-air as you are behind the scenes, and you’re energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- You have at least five years of experience working either with or for B2B brands, preferably with experience marketing to fellow marketers.
- If you can create motion graphics and animations, that’s a plus!
Klaviyo is a high growth Boston startup that prides itself on building a large, fast-moving, and sustainable business. Our marketing software is helping more than 28,000 innovative ecommerce brands get better at connecting with their customers. We’re deeply passionate about learning, solving tough problems, and helping one another level up in all things. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would. You’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible. And you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are. If this sounds like your ideal place to work, drop us a note!
Read Full Job Description