At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Technical writers create critical how-tos, tutorials, product documentation, and other resources for the Klaviyo customer base. The Customer Education team’s mission is to enable our customers to grow their businesses through self-serve content, so you’ll be playing a foundational role in helping both Klaviyo and its customers achieve business goals.
As a technical writer at Klaviyo, you’ll cultivate an understanding of our customers and their needs, learn how ecommerce businesses work inside and out, and translate that into content that helps our customers grow.
A successful candidate has a strong background in customer success and understands how to translate complex concepts into digestible, easy-to-follow content. You know how to troubleshoot customer issues and generate solutions that allow customers to self-serve.
You’ll be part of the Customer Education team and report to a Manager of Customer Education.
How you'll make a difference
- Manage the end-to-end documentation process for feature launches. You’ll work closely with the Product team to prepare the documentation for all feature launches, large and small. This may also require you to collaborate cross-functionally with other departments, including success engineering, product marketing, and more.
- Identify content gaps. Hone your research and interview skills to identify documentation and guide needs by working with internal stakeholders, customers, and conducting independent data analysis.
- Publish content. Produce a variety of content, including but not limited to how-to articles and long-form tutorials to help our customers understand the business and product elements that can be brought together to bring them success.
- Monitor performance. You’ll work collaboratively with the Customer Education and Success Ops teams to understand how to measure the performance of our content—what’s resonating, what’s reducing support tickets, what has a high CSAT rating—and you’ll use data to help make recommendations about what content we should create.
Getting Started / Key Outcomes
In your first 30 days, you’ll have:
- Come up to speed on our audience, market, product, and company
- Spoken to at least 10 current customers
- Created and published at least 1 net new article on the help center
Within 90 days, you’ll have:
- Mastered Klaviyo’s style guide
- Attended at least 1 Klaviyo-sponsored event (virtual or otherwise)
- Established a calendar and system for prioritizing the content you work on
In the first year, you’ll have:
- Helped grow the base of customers using our help center
- Measurably reduced support tickets in your areas of ownership
- Achieved an average CSAT score of at least 65 on the content you published
Who you are
- You bring a customer-first mindset to everything you do.
- You have excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones, and impeccable spelling and grammar.
- You have a passion for learning and an ability to take complex information and turn it into engaging, easy-to-understand instructions.
- You deeply enjoy helping customers achieve their business goals by creating content that makes an impact.
- You are fluent in software/technology and have experience using an online CMS.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.