Technical Writer at Markforged
As a technical writer in the Technical Documentation team, you will be involved in the reimagining of our documentation, video, multimedia, and documentation systems. The team is charged with creating and maintaining text, video, and other documentation relating to the installation, operation, and repair of our equipment.
The goal of the team is to create a range of technical content to bolster our self-service offerings. Each item we deliver directly impacts customer success educating and empowering our customers.
If you are interested in documentation and video in a technical environment, have a background in written and produced work, are passionate about clear elegant communication, and are looking to get into the world of 3D printing, this is a great opportunity.
- Create documentation supporting the installation, use, and troubleshooting of our full line of printers and software including new product releases.
- Act as a bridge between Support, Engineering, Product, Sales, and our partners and customers
- Assess and address customer and internal documentation needs
- Perform systems maintenance for our documentation website hosted in Salesforce Community
- Create diagrams and job aids to support existing documentation
- Fulfill content-based requests from Engineering, Product, and Support
- Produce and update video documentation
- Perform other content creation and maintenance tasks as needed
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Engineering or other technical degree, or communications degree with other technical experience
- Technical writing experience
- Video production experience
- Hands-on technical experience
- Self-starter and team player who can take a set of instructions and run (sprints and marathons)
- Experience in the full Adobe Creative suite, particularly Indesign and Premiere
- Experience with HTML, markdown, git, or similar tools
- Basic understanding of 3D printing concepts