Arcadia’s Technical Writer is responsible for the creation, development, and publication of instructional documentation for product specifications, releases, and installations associated with our robust suite of population health tools. This role will work cross-functionally across various internal departments to ensure product specifications and requirements are well-understood and documented.
What you'll need to accomplish
- Conduct primary research with internal subject matter experts (SMEs), reads documentation, and explores existing software systems or proofs of concepts in order to become familiar with product concepts with the goal of (1) drafting, writing, and editing technical documentation, and (2) remaining current in technological innovations
- Develop and writes technical content by studying flowcharts, sketches, drawings, mockups, specifications and product proofs of concept
- Create technical documentation including design meeting notes, software specifications, technical manuals and user-friendly end user manuals
- Recognize changes in scope, specifications and work effort for software projects and anticipates resulting changes in documentation needs
- Create and proactively maintains end-user and internal design documentation for products to support internal and external audiences, as well as higher-level strategic overviews and concept review documentation to support sales, marketing, and account management.
- Utilize knowledge management best practices to improve the searchability and enhance the searchability of documented resources
- Research and documentation of existing and requested customer-specific configurations or customizations, along with underlying business drivers to support Ops/PM in identifying shared needs or customer education opportunities
What you'll need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer; experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- 2+ years of related engineering experience
- Experience working with a product or product management team a plus
- Demonstrated research skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical SMEs
- Proven experience in the principles and best practices of technical writing, copywriting, editing, proofreading, and content design
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Project, Excel, Word, Visio)
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.
Read Full Job Description