Technical Writer - Automation & Robotics (Contract)
We’re a venture backed startup building a new generation of automation and fulfillment systems for e-commerce, retail, and third-party logistics operations. Life at 6 River Systems (6RS) is about creating amazing systems that solve real world customer problems. We create magic by harnessing the power of people, software, hardware and data.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and teamwork. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly meaningful problems. We believe that great work gets done in a positive, supportive environment. We don’t just accept difference, we support it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are as passionate about hiring people as we are about building awesome products. We are looking for exceptional team members.
As a contracted technical writer, you would join the hardware engineering team that is designing, and developing Chuck, our collaborative robot. If you have a flair for the written word and an interest in understanding robotics,, we have the perfect challenge for you.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in technical writing, and an interest in collaborative robotics
- You are able to work together with engineering teams to quickly develop technical documentation
- Translate requirements into clear and concise content.
- Determine best method for presenting required information.
- Work with product and marketing teams to ensure customer facing documentation aligns with 6RS image.
- Ability to manipulate images for inclusion in documentation.
- Coordinate with translators as needed.
- Attention to detail and ensuring continuity of product data throughout documentation.
- Ability to use computer software to create professional final product
- Track revisions of documents and ensure documentation is maintained.
Nice to have:
- Experience in creating instruction manuals
- Interest in or an ability to create graphics and other rich content or multi-media content
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Demonstrable writing ability
- Portfolio of prior technical writing samples