Technical Specialist, Documentation
Rapid advances in software technology drive the need for continuous learning. InterSystems Learning Services offers anytime, anywhere education that enables you to unlock the full power of our technology for your organization’s long-term growth and success. As a core member of the documentation team, you would provide support for our existing testing and automation tools, including the code that renders the content on the docs.intersystems.com website. You would also develop new tools to improve our efficiency and detect problems at the earliest possible stage
- Maintaining the code used to update content on the website.
- Generating & updating the site map.
- Expanding our unit tests.
- Overseeing PDF generation & notifying writers of any issues they need to fix.
- Producing and publishing any external content (external to our .xml files). This job would include generating Javadoc and similar items
- Updating the code that generates the runtime HTML, also possibly rewriting this code from scratch (depending on skill level).
- (Ideally) Updating the code that generates the class reference HTML, also possibly rewriting this code from scratch (depending on skill level)
- Investigating and possibly implementing the ability for us to support conditional text in our content
- Experience as a web developer or webmaster
- Familiarity with web standards
- Familiarity with databases
- Comfortable with programming and scripting tasks
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Ability to think of creative solutions
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Detail-oriented and reliable
InterSystems is the information engine that powers some of the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.