Technical Documentation Writer at Abacus Insights
Greater Boston Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:11 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Apply if you are…
- Excited about working with technical staff to make a product easier to use by developing high quality technical documentation for end users
- Motivated by the challenge of developing clear, intuitive, user-friendly documentation for a technical product and audience
- Energized about working in a start-up organization building a cloud-native product
- Motivated to work with a talented team to move the needle on some of the most pressing challenges in healthcare
- Experienced with organizing and writing documentation using best-in-class authoring tools for enterprise grade software products delivered on the cloud
You should expect to….
- Determine the needs of end users consuming technical product documentation.
- Learn the product by using it and talking with product designers and developers.
- Own the end-to-end production and maintenance of intuitive, high-quality end user documentation and operational procedures and manuals.
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Revise and maintain documents per product release requirements and the established SDLC process.
- Work with sales and marketing colleagues to ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements.
- Meet with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed.
- Gather usability feedback from customers.
- Use innovative media and approaches such as pictures, videos and tutorials to increase users’ understanding
- Identify and select most appropriate medium for the audience, including web-based documentation, mobile accessibility, online and/or video tutorials, and hard copy manuals as needed
- Review text and terminology within the product to advise on grammar, usage, and consistency
- Standardize content across platforms and media
Terrific if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Information Technology or equivalent
- Strong written communication skills
- End-user training experience
- Ability to explain concepts clearly
- Planning and organization
- Knowledge of software and computers, experience with Cloud based SaaS environments
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and drive your own work
Read Full Job Description