Technical Content Developer at Bevi
Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $60M in venture capital and we’re doubling year over year. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
Bevi is seeking a Technical Content Developer responsible for writing content that helps our partners and internal technical support staff do their jobs better and faster. This individual must be able to explain Bevi’s products via training material so that new technical staff can onboard and learn to troubleshoot Bevi machines. The goal is to allow all technical staff to quickly and easily learn about the technical operation of our Bevi machines, learn about product updates, changes and new products prior to release, so they can provide the best and most complete service to our Bevi end users.
This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining all training, knowledgebase, and in-product guides, and product update information as well as keeping the output of content on Bevi’s partner websites and Training Content Management System. The goal will be to write and edit engaging and topic-relevant content that is geared toward service providers: content that provides the translation from Engineering speak to an easy, digestible day to day understanding for our service providers. The Technical Content Manager should be familiar with this kind of content, and be able to write, edit, and proofread content specifically for a mid level technical audience,
What kinds of questions do service providers have? What kind of support are they looking for? What information do they need to install, maintain and troubleshoot issues in the field? These are the questions that this content writer and editor will address on a day-to-day basis.
This content will also be used by other departments, and this individual should consider all publication vehicles such as written, video, audio or other ways to make access to this information easy and understandable.
- Seek out in-house experts from Bevi’s product and engineering teams to write content that aligns with the important messages that the company wants to deliver to the overall support and service staff.
- Work closely with Bevi Support Managers, Partner/Field Operations Managers and Technical Trainer to determine the topics, format and delivery they want to get out there to attract developer interest.
- Participate in editorial team brainstorms to contribute to quarterly content planning.
- Write impactful content in support of topics that are important to current and prospective staff working with Bevi products.
- Edit documents for grammar, style, and content ensuring compliance with guidelines and brand style guide.
- Publish content in a variety of formats by teaming with technical peers who drive the distribution of the content through inbound and outbound marketing programs, social media channels, PR, and internal portals.
- Help select, implement and then work within Bevi’s content management system,
- Bachelor's degree in English, writing, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related area.
- 3-5 years experience in marketing, publishing, communications or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent proofreading skills [NOTE: writing samples might be required as part of the hiring process.]
- Experience writing on technical topics for tech-savvy audiences, including developers.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and convey them in clear, concise and engaging content.
- Experience working with content management systems
- Knowledge of best practices with writing engaging content.
- Basic understanding of SEO and how best to optimize digital content
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible, positive self-starter and team-player with creative abilities.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with vendors, customers, senior executives, sales teams and business partners.
- Experience working on or with a marketing team and familiarity with aspects of a campaign process
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of both commission and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevi on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!