Who we are
Our mission is to make the world a better place by unleashing the potential of billions of students worldwide. We believe that the current education system is broken because it rarely takes advantage of our personal motivations, leverage what science tells us about how our brains learn best, or use technology and big data to optimize and validate it's methods.
We're solving the 7 trillion dollar problem of one-size-fits-all education by creating a next-generation learning platform that makes learning fun and fiercely effective -- and that gets better the more we use it. The first application of our platform serves pre-meds and medical students. We currently serve over 1 out of every 5 medical students across the country.
What we're looking for
Firecracker is looking for cooperative, team-oriented, and consistent medical students who are passionate about our mission and want to work in a supportive and family-like environment that prizes standardization and celebrates high attention to detail and error-free work.
The ideal candidate will love the opportunity to author and edit exam style questions and topics relevant to medical school and board exams. We aim to provide our Subject Editors work from areas they are most interested in (e.g. anatomy, cardiology, emergency medicine, and others).
Firecracker is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, but we are also looking for candidates who live elsewhere.
Subjects we are currently recruiting Subject Editors for:
- Medical school level Anatomy, Behavioral Science, Biochemistry, Embryology, Immunology, Microbiology, General Pathology, Pharmacology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedics & Rheumatology, Psychiatry, Pulmonology, and Reproductive systems
- Medical school level Clinical Neurology, Clinical Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, General Surgery, Gynecology, Clinical Cardiology, Clinical Endocrinology, Clinical Gastroenterology, Clinical Hematology & Oncology, Clinical Infectious Disease, Clinical Nephrology, Clinical Orthopedics & Rheumatology, Clinical Pulmonology, Obstetrics, and Pediatrics
Specifically, we want someone who is/has:
- A medical student (Required)
- Cooperative, unselfish, consistent, methodical, relaxed, friendly, detail-oriented, and self-disciplined
- Strong academic credentials, GPA and test scores
- Teaching experience
- Strong writing skills
- A current or recent Firecracker user
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help Firecracker and her users succeed and adopt new roles and responsibilities on an as-needed basis
Subject Editors must complete a screening project in which they author exam-like questions.
All of our editors start off as Subject Editors and most stay with us for many years and eventually join our editorial or advisory boards once they become attendings, run their own labs or become professors.
Our goal is to recruit the best and brightest and do whatever we can to keep them involved throughout their careers. Our mission to make the world a better place by unleashing the potential of billions of students worldwide will outlive us all. Therefore, we want people who see our work at Firecracker as core to their own sense of purpose.
What you'll get:
- The immense satisfaction that comes from doing something critical for the advancement of humanity alongside other extraordinarily awesome people
- Rapid intellectual and professional growth
- A supportive and family-like environment that prizes standardization and celebrates high attention to detail and error-free work