Short-term Jr. Designer, Boutiques (Gilt)
Short-term Jr. Designer, Boutiques
We’re looking for…
The Boutiques Short-term Jr. Designer is responsible for helping design and develop digital and print assets to support the Gilt Brand team.
What you’ll accomplish…
- With the guidance of the Creative Lead, design a variety of assets for Boutiques including Boutique Main doors, advertising assets, and internal creative needs, from conceptualization through final approval and build
- Work collaboratively and constructively on each project with other members on the team including Copywriters, Marketing Managers, Art Directors, Designers, and Brand Operations
- Execute on-brand design demonstrating considered layout, image composition, typography, and a sophisticated use of color palette.
- Receive and enthusiastically address constructive feedback from the Creative leads
- Designs must also reflect, and evolve, the current creative direction, as established by the Leads
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Contribute regularly to swipe libraries
- Opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of beautiful imagery
- Opportunity to be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative team
- Opportunity to work directly with business partners
- Opportunity to directly affect the business
THE RIGHT FIT:
- The foundational training to create refined designs with a focus on layout, image composition, and typography
- Exceptional skills with imaging applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance multiple small projects and deadlines
- Experience creating and optimizing graphics for the web
- Strong self-motivation and drive to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills
- Great, positive attitude – we are a highly collaborative and collegial team.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience as a junior designer or as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group.
- Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing and ecommerce.
- A strong portfolio showing training and potential
- BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography or related field
Bonus points for…
- Skills and experience with video applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects are a plus
- Any photography Art Direction experience
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. That’s where this department – with its consistent design and voice – comes in. Whether it’s the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design and photography, it’s just the beginning with this group.
Rue Gilt Groupe is the premier off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting more than 20 million members with coveted designers at an exceptional value. Two complementary brands, Rue La La and Gilt, utilize world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to strategically support our brand partners and inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping and the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.