Senior Technical Writer at Kyruus
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior Technical Writer role.Caring
As part of the Documentation Team, you’ll design, write, and maintain technical documentation to ensure our customers have the necessary information for an excellent experience. This includes writing content for API developers, IT developers, and business users.Ownership
- You’ll write documentation including API content, data schemas, feature guides, in-application help text, and release notes for new and existing products.
- You’ll design the structure of individual technical documentation deliverables as well as help to build a comprehensive information architecture for the documentation set as a whole.
- You’ll manage a Jira backlog to track your work and create any necessary wiki pages or other supporting documentation.
- You’ll interact regularly with Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Support teams to understand features, use cases, and limitations of our products.
- You’ll negotiate priorities and timelines of documentation deliverables with the various stake holders.
- You’ll work in an autonomous and self-managed way to support your development teams, and also collaborate with other technical writers to ensure consistent direction of the product documentation.
- You’ll create a voice that represents Kyruus and roll out standards (e.g., style guides) to ensure we have consistency as we scale.
- You’ll test product features and log bugs if necessary.
- You may assist Product Marketing with Marketing Release Announcements. You’ll help revise release notes from Product Management into customer-ready release announcement documentation.
- You’ll report to a Principal Technical Writer, Product Management in the Technical Writing department within the R&D - Product division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 8+ years of experience in software documentation to:
- Understand technical concepts related to the deployment and configuration of enterprise software. You should have experience with REST APIs, systems integrations, and data management (e.g. file schemas, SQL queries, ETL operations).
- Write quality technical documentation deliverables on schedule. This includes working with markdown files, HTML, CSS, images and diagrams, and documentation hosting tools.
- Assist with developing a sustainable process for publishing content to customers. This may include migrating existing content to new source formats and evaluating new documentation hosting products to deliver content to customers.
- Write to multiple personas including technical and non-technical, end user and developer, internal and external.
- Coach adjacent functions (Marketing, Customer Support, etc.) on writing and maintaining logical documentation for customers.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You write high-quality technical documentation that supports product releases for the development teams you support.
- You work collaboratively in an Agile environment.
- You develop expertise about our users and how best to communicate with them to drive adoption of our products.