Senior Director, Customer Help and Education Content at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
At Toast, we put our customers first. Members of the restaurant community have a lot on their plates, so when they have a question about Toast, we want them to be able to find the answer FAST! As the Director of Customer Education, your primary function will be leading the talented Customer Education team to develop long-term strategies to enable our customers and ensure their success with Toast products. You will fine-tune the vision for customer education, amplify the value of the program, and develop the plans to execute.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Own the end-to-end customer education content strategy process from ideation to execution across multiple projects
- Drive the delivery of robust written, video, webinar, and in-product content to support two discrete outcomes:
- Reducing the cost to serve by providing self-service resources when and where customers need them.
- Creating contextual, targeted, “just in time” content to help customers activate, adopt, or troubleshoot the Toast platform.
- Own the success and evolution of Toast Central, our customer help center
- Create and implement user-centric content experiences that holistically align with business goals and user needs
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute content strategies across digital platforms.
- Analyze the content requirements for various business audiences to deliver content that supports customer needs, business objectives, content lifecycle management and enterprise content strategy.
- Review existing Toast Central content and provide editorial updates to align with evolving web and enterprise standards.
- Engage in proactive content governance and maintenance processes to ensure consistent, timely, accurate, and relevant web content.
- Leverage data analysis, user research, and content audits to inform your content strategy decisions.
- Lead localization of customer education content
- Deliver an SEO strategy that ensures our content is easily findable and accessible by our customers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience building, managing, and running education content strategy & operations.
- Proven work experience managing content strategy globally with a campaign-based, insights-led approach and a portfolio to back it up.
- Experience building content strategy in service of business and education goals that map to KPIs.
- Mastery of multiple form factors -- video, podcast, long-form, short-form, social.
- Management experience, preferably in a remote-first environment—having scoped roles, sourced and recruited, and honed a motivating management style.
- Strategic thinker that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan.
- Analytic rigor; a high bar for integrity, trust and quality; and a guiding curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of this fast-moving world.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We’re a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.