Klaviyo’s creative team is growing fast, and we’re out to shake up the status quo. We’re searching for an experienced copywriter who will craft clear, compelling b2b messaging that brings our brand voice to life across Klaviyo’s website, marketing materials, and more. Are you a B2B copywriter with a strong point of view on product messaging? Do you find yourself wishing more tech brands would ditch the buzzwords and talk like real people? If so, you might be the Senior Copywriter that we’re looking for.
In this role, you’ll take ownership of multiple aspects of our copy, making sure it’s always down-to-earth and approachable. You’ll collaborate with designers and marketers to create product messaging that communicates how Klaviyo can help businesses of all sizes, and your work will appear everywhere from digital experiences to sales collateral. Along the way, you’ll lay the groundwork for the future of the brand.
How you’ll make a difference:
- User-first product copy. You’ll deeply understand our customers: their wants, needs, pain points, and successes. You’ll help frame our product and features with user-focused messaging and content that drives leads, supports sales conversations, and (most importantly) helps customers understand how Klaviyo can help their businesses.
- Cross-team collaboration. You’ll work directly with the Design, Product Marketing, and Performance Marketing teams to develop copy for our products and features. You’ll also collaborate with other writing resources to drive consistency by developing and maintaining copy guidelines.
- Product and feature messaging framework. You’ll work with our Product Marketing team to develop and maintain accurate, compelling messaging around Klaviyo’s product and features.
- Creative culture. You’ll play a key role in advocating for the importance of great copy and design within the company, on a day-to-day basis and through initiatives like creative events, the design podcast, and our blog. You’ll help set the bar for what great creative sounds and looks like, and you’ll join cross-team creative review meetings to give thoughtful critiques.
Who You Are:
- You’re an experienced communicator with at least 5 years of agency or in-house copywriting experience and a background in B2B writing. (Bonus points if you’ve tackled B2C projects too.)
- You’re part product copywriter, part marketing writer, and part creative problem-solver. When a plan or a process doesn’t exist, you create one yourself.
- You consider every project from multiple angles: with empathy for customers, strategy for the business, and dedication to your own craft.
- You’re a voice for the customer experience, a strategist for the business, and
- You know how to craft messaging that’s sales- and product-oriented for a variety of media and formats.
- You’re a strong collaborator who thinks beyond the copy itself. You know how to partner with designers, engineers, and marketers to create high-impact work.
- You think big, take chances, and thrive in fast-moving environments. You’re eager to get your work out into the world, but you never lose sight of the important details.
- You’re comfortable owning and selling your work and point of view. You aren’t afraid to speak up when you have an idea.
- You’re always learning—from those around you, or by jumping in to figure something out on your own. You’re curious about what’s new in the industry, technology trends, and what other brands are doing. You proactively seek data, insights, and feedback.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a powerful owned marketing platform that helps online businesses grow by using the channels they already own, like email, web, and mobile. It enables companies to build strong customer relationships and grow faster by sending highly targeted messages across multiple channels. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to choose between advanced features or ease of use. Today, over 40,000 companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Eventbrite trust Klaviyo to help them grow.