Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus seeks an experienced and versatile copywriter to elevate our messaging across all of our consumer touchpoints to consistently communicate our brand value proposition and improve performance of our site experience and marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the team that elevates CarGurus’ messaging to meet the high standards of our product and better convey the key differentiators that have made CarGurus the nation’s leading car shopping site.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the business to develop compelling messaging for marketing campaigns, website messaging, email communications and more
- Create engaging and effective copy across channels that embodies the voice of the brand while maintaining channel relevance and always driving a response
- Serve as an active participant in the creative development process from concept development through approach development and execution
- Team with Product and Engineering to:
- Conceptualize, test and optimize the naming, positioning & messaging for new offerings
- Improve consumer understanding of and optimize conversion rates for new and existing offerings
- Improve SEO metadata to better represent CarGurus in search engine results
- Apply a rigorous test and learn approach to the creation of copy and creative, paying close attention to performance and optimizing accordingly
- Partner with designers to concept, develop and execute creative that is on brand, on strategy and on time
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience in copywriting
- Demonstrated success working as part of an in-house creative team for a successful digital-first brand strongly preferred, agency experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience/comfort working side-by-side with marketers, designers, product managers, engineers and other internal stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work from a variety of internal stakeholders
- Working knowledge of SEO strongly preferred – willingness to learn and keep up with evolving best practices required
- Team player with high skills and low ego
- Bachelors degree in a related field – marketing, communications, English, etc.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.