Senior Content Strategist at Klaviyo
As a Senior Content Strategist, you’ll produce high-quality, relevant, and engaging audience-centric content that helps Klaviyo and our USMB and mid-market customers grow their businesses. You’ll consistently create exceptional, audience-centric content while helping others to create content that meets that same high standard.
How You’ll Make a Difference
Content is core to our plan to build awareness for Klaviyo and to grow our community, so you’ll be playing a critical role in the growth of our business and in helping both Klaviyo and our customers achieve business goals.
You’ll employ a story-first strategy across content, which means you’ll identify the best format through which to tell particular stories across all marketing channels.
You’ll use your expertise in eCommerce marketing to create both short-form and long-form content in a variety of formats (articles, reports, blog posts, videos, etc.) and for multiple distribution channels (blog, website, email, etc.).
You’ll collaborate closely with fellow members of the marketing team, sales, customer success, and partner marketing, as well as our customers to tell compelling stories across all forms of content in support of various marketing initiatives.
What Your Work Will Look Like
You’ll be part of the Content Marketing team, you’ll report to Klaviyo’s Managing Editor, and you’ll manage the Content Specialist.
- Pitch ideas. You’ll understand Klaviyo’s customers, their challenges and opportunities, what differences and similarities exist across segments and personas, and you’ll regularly contribute ideas and develop programs for highly engaging content that’ll help USMB/MM eCommerce marketers and business leaders solve business problems and grow their businesses.
- Create engaging content. You’ll spend the bulk of your time creating amazing content across all formats and channels that helps USMB/MM eCommerce marketers and business leaders use their data and their own marketing channels better.
- Manage content projects. In addition to creating content, you’ll collaborate with fellow teammates and manage the process for producing your content projects from start to finish—from ideation to distribution.
- Maintain the tone and quality of content. You’ll assist in the editing process and help to ensure relevance and consistency across all the content we produce.
- Mentor fellow creators. You’ll be a go-to resource for fellow content strategists, marketers, and Klaviyos on what good content is and what it isn’t. You’ll coach others on content standards, help them shape their ideas into high-quality content, and help them up their game with every new piece they create.
- Monitor performance. You’ll collaborate with the team to keep an eye on and share the performance of our content—how it’s being consumed, what’s resonating, what’s driving results, etc—and you’ll use data to optimize our content efforts fast.
Who You Are
- You’re first and foremost a marketer, but you’re also an exceptionally gifted storyteller, writer, editor, communicator, and content coach.
- You deeply enjoy using stories and words to create content that helps people solve their business problems, and your bar for quality is exceptionally high.
- You think about the story first and the format second, and you understand how to distill complex ideas into easily understandable and engaging content that aligns with brand standards
- You’re curious by nature, you love creating content that makes a real impact, and you’re energized by being part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business.
- You know content. You know SEO. You know eCommerce. And you have at least six years of professional experience in digital marketing, preferably with experience marketing to fellow marketers.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze, and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.