PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
In this position, you will work closely with the scientific project team leads to help shape and execute the communication of our work in the development and application of new methodologies. You will have the opportunity to make impactful contributions in a fast-paced and dynamic research environment at the cutting edge of biomedical research and biotechnology.
Ideal position for a highly motivated individual who thrives by taking the initiative to apply both scientific and communication skills in an intellectually stimulating, collaborative, and social environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work with scientific communications team to write, edit, and proofread written materials to deliver scientific publications and presentations, including journal articles, abstracts, and posters on time
- Participate in group and subgroup meetings to help plan and execute multiple, concurrent high quality scientific communications projects
- Communicate with internal stakeholders as needed to ensure deadlines are met
- Understand publication-related guidelines for authorship and good publication practices (GPP3, ICMJE, ISMPP), and make recommendations as needed to adhere to company policies, procedures and industry standards
- Directly contribute and drive the publications team’s writing efforts
- Independently collate and assemble materials for publishing or sharing internally and externally
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline (biology, bioinformatics, genomics, medicine, bioengineering, or a related field) and 3+ years experience as a scientific or medical writer, or advanced degree (masters or PhD) in scientific discipline biology, bioinformatics, genomics, medicine, bioengineering, or a related field and 1+ years as a scientific or medical writer.
- Curiosity and tenacity to help the team push science from “good” to “great” at project stages from inception to publication and beyond. Enthusiastic about working with project teams to gather information through interviews and discussions with researchers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Strong writer with a science background who can deliver clear, accurate pieces. Proven editing and proofreading skills
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple overlapping and shifting objectives and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications (e.g., Google Docs, Google Sheets, Word, Excel, Power Point) is required
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.