Research Communications and Healthcare Writer Lead at Humana Studio_h
If you an exceptional writer and understand the healthcare industry, then Humana Healthcare Research needs your communications and science writing skills to produce excellent written content and enhance our research communications strategy. We’re passionate about using our research to provide thought leadership around the most critical and relevant issues facing the healthcare industry. We encourage you to dive into your passion for research communications to help Humana inform healthcare delivery by disseminating our robust research through peer-reviewed publications. We’re looking for a driven, innovative person who is interested in using their writing, research, and communication skills to help Humana make lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
Humana’s research organization is seeking a Research Communications and Healthcare Writer Lead. As the Research Communications lead, you will work with partners in corporate communications to amplify the impact of Humana publications through press releases, website development, LinkedIn posts and other activities. As a content and healthcare writer, you will work collaboratively to pitch and research content ideas, interview sources and write/edit a variety of content including perspectives, editorials and white papers. The Healthcare Writer may also assist in the development of manuscripts, abstracts, and other publications while supporting Humana’s overall research communication strategy:
- Develop and support the research communication strategy and dissemination of Humana research and peer reviewed publications, including press releases and other communications to diverse audiences, including clinician, health policy and lay audiences.
- Support the development of an academic research editorial calendar, aligned with other thought leadership and brand support strategies across the company.
- Lead Humana’s Research and Communications Advisory council and ensure decisions are documented and executed.
- Utilize excellent writing skills to work collaboratively with leading academics, Humana’s Chief Medical Officer and other thought leaders to co-create editorials, perspectives and other thought leadership content suitable for a sophisticated, technical audience
- Lead the publication strategy associated with thought leadership products, including the journal or blog selection and submission.
- At times, this individual will be responsible for writing, substantively editing, and copyediting scientific manuscripts, abstracts, posters and slide presentations based on studies produced by HHR. Occasionally this will include the results of Quality Improvement initiatives or research by groups across Humana. Medical writing needs will vary by project.
- Lead literature searches to support research initiatives and editorials.
- Master’s degree with at least 5 to 8 years of highly related work experience in research and technical communications (journalism, communications and a health or science background).
- Exceptional and efficient writer
- Broad and deep understanding of the healthcare industry
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail in composing, editing, typing and proofing materials for print and electronic media.
- Ability to lead through influence in collaborative research communications and thought leadership meetings.
- Adaptable personality with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and to conduct advance planning and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to represent Humana’s research and positions in peer-reviewed publications, written communications and collaborative meetings with external parties.
- Strong preference for a candidate with a Masters or PhD with healthcare / research -oriented focus (e.g., health services, public health, epidemiology, outcomes research, biostatistics)
- Health policy experience and expertise
- Experience working with clinical, claims, pharmacy or other health services data
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the healthcare industry
- Understanding of writing guidelines and scientific requirements for producing published literature
- Knowledge of International Committee of Medical Journal Editors, American Medical Association, and other style guidelines
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare.