Today, more than 500 school systems serving seven million students use Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators get data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised a $32mm led by Emerson Collective as well as Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTechVC, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
We are seeking a Proposal Specialist to join our Outreach team and support the proposal writing process from start to finish. You’ll gather the necessary materials and team members, write the content, facilitate the editing process, and submit the responses. Panorama responds to around 25 proposals each year and aims to increase that number as we build out our offerings to school districts. As we respond to more and more RFPs with proposals, you’ll create the knowledge management and systems such that we can respond to RFPs with speed and quality, ultimately increasing our ability to impact more and more districts and kids around the country.
- Own the majority of content-writing for Panorama’s responses to RFPs
- Analyze incoming RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs to determine products required, level of effort, necessary team involvement, and any company requirements
- Collaborate with teams cross-functionally to create accurate and persuasive responses that win proposals; partner with Client Success, Engineering, Operations, Product, and Research teams to craft compelling responses
- Coordinate other team members to support with editing content and completing compliance forms
- Create a scalable process and knowledge management system such that Panorama can respond to RFPs with increasing speed, including developing, updating and storing documentation and collateral
- Support Outreach team with content development for sales collateral
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience writing technical proposals
- Strong writing ability and love for writing, particularly technical writing
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills
- Ability to communicate key information quickly and effectively at the “headline” and detailed level
- Detail oriented; comfortable following complex instructions and managing other people to deadlines; great proofreading and copyediting skills
- Ability to write persuasively about technical and business products and services
- Ability to thrive under in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines (extra hours at times)
- Ability to work on multiple proposals simultaneously
- A passion for making an impact in education
Even better if you have:
- Experience with RFP management software (e.g. Loopio or equivalent)
- Experience with technical/proposal writing in education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.