Production Editor at BookBub
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and we’re profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors they’ll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.About the position
BookBub seeks a detail-oriented, organized, tech savvy individual to help manage the day-to-day production and operations of our website and daily emails, working closely with BookBub’s editorial, business development, and product teams. We’re looking for someone to start as early as October.
This position is based out of our office in Cambridge, MA and is not remote.Responsibilities include:
- Assembling, proofing, and editing the daily content of our emails and website
- Maintaining and updating metadata for BookBub’s database of books and authors
- Ensuring books and authors meet BookBub policies for inclusion in products such as new release author alert emails
- Moderating third-party ads and user-generated content like reviews and comments on BookBub
- Outstanding professional communication and office skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong proofreading skills; copyediting experience and familiarity with AP or Chicago style a plus
- Experience using a content management system, blogging platform, or database software; familiarity with HTML a plus
- Web production experience a plus
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment where work can sometimes get chaotic and be required at off hours (including some weekends and holidays)
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and people operations, as well as a proofreading exercise
- We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, you’re trusting us with your time — so we’ll do our best to run a process for you that’s as smooth and enjoyable as possible.Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.