Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. Now we're looking to expand our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, marketing tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transformation of the publishing industry. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
BookBub seeks a tech-savvy, detail-oriented individual to help manage the day-to-day production and operations of our website and daily emails, working closely with BookBub’s editors and business development team. Responsibilities include:
- Assembling the posts and email for BookBub's daily featured ebook deals
- Proofing and editing the daily content of our emails and website
- Maintaining and updating metadata for BookBub’s database of books and authors
- Determining the eligibility of books and authors for inclusion in products such as new release alert emails
- Fielding questions from BookBub members and providing prompt, comprehensive support
- Moderating third-party ads and user generated content like reviews and comments on BookBub
Who we’re looking for
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
- Outstanding professional communication and office skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong proofreading skills; copyediting experience and familiarity with AP or Chicago style a plus
- Experience using a content management system, blogging platform, or database software; familiarity with HTML a plus
- Web production and/or customer support experience a plus
- Excitement for a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment where work can sometimes get chaotic and be required at off hours (including some weekends and holidays)
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and take-what-you-need paid time off. Learn more about becoming a part of the BookBub team.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.