Marketing Content Writer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The CarGurus B2B Marketing Team is looking for an insightful Content Writer to help position CarGurus as a thought leader to automotive dealers. We’re seeking an analytical marketer with a knack for seeking out story ideas, one who can source data and understand its nuances to unearth insights. This person loves to gather and synthesize information from a wide variety of sources and turn it into compelling presentations, white-papers, sales collateral, direct mail, case studies, blog and social media posts, and more.
A successful Content Writer will clearly communicate CarGurus’ positioning and messaging to automotive dealers while keeping an eye on critical details like accuracy, grammar, story flow, style, and tone. They will have the intrinsic capability to speak the language of sales, marketing, and tech – distilling CarGurus’ competitive advantage in clear, compelling, and persuasive language that captures mind and market share.
What You'll Do:
- Create dealer-facing content that positions CarGurus as a thought leader in the industry and helps dealers improve their digital marketing efforts, while aiming to attract, nurture, and convert qualified leads and retain current customers
- Develop presentations for in-person and virtual events on important industry trends, using internal and third-party data to support broader content themes (no, you don’t need to design them, but you do need to incorporate charts and provide visual direction)
- Execute and analyze content promotion campaigns across multiple channels.
- Capture source material from interviews with dealers, subject matter experts, and senior leadership and convert it to meaningful stories
- Ensure the tone and voice of the company and its application across all marketing materials
- Collaborate with other departments such as Engineering, Consumer Content, PR, and Product to gather data, unearth ideas, and share knowledge across the organization
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or related field
- 5+ years of writing experience in a high-velocity B2B setting (automotive industry experience not required)
- Solid portfolio with incredible content and measurable results
- Strong, emotion-invoking storytelling skills translatable across many mediums
- Analytical prowess, capable of interpreting data to improve content effectiveness
- Capacity to balance, prioritize and deliver excellent results under tight deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in as needed and be a team player
- Must provide content and/or writing samples
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.