Manager, Editorial Strategy and Content Generation
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Manager, Editorial Strategy and Content Generation will develop strategic communications to enhance the reputation of Acquia. He/she will collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to elevate stories that demonstrate the company mission and values in action and amplify content across communications channels. He/she will create content that brings the Acquia narrative to life in both internal and external communications.
Your responsibilities include:
- Drive ongoing content initiatives that express brand voice and visuals consistently across all audiences and channels.
- Work with marketing peers and a distributed workforce to establish content themes, and develop and maintain an editorial calendar that maps out content development plans in conjunction with marketing goals and integrated campaigns.
- Conduct continuous content audits to determine what can be reused/re-imagined.
- Managing assignment deadlines leading to the creation of a public editorial strategy calendar
- Identify sources for content and produce compelling stories that evoke emotion using diverse formats, including social media (working with our social media manager), by-lines, case studies, blogs, website content, videos, and infographics.
- Lead editorial planning discussions with cross-functional team members, including internal communications, media relations, executive communications and social media communications to maximize content exposure and impact.
- Oversee content creation with internal resources, agencies and freelance partners that includes copy, photos, videos, and graphic elements for multichannel use.
- Develop, implement and drive execution of reputation strategies, utilizing research to inform content strategy.
- Prepare executive communications, including presentations, internal messages and long form content.
- Connect external data and trends in the tech industry and influence Acquia communication strategies.
- Content generation and editing for ebooks, whitepapers, datasheets, blog posts etc.
Requirements for the role:
- The successful candidate will be accomplished communications/editorial professional with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience within a corporate or agency environment. Tech experience required.
- Experience with Drupal or content management system preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent.
- Excellent visual, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing a content strategy, calendar and distributed workforce (internal employees, freelance and/or agency).
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style and expertise in high-impact messaging to broad audiences. Ability to articulate complex information in simple and relatable terms.
- Solid understanding and familiarity with new and emerging communications tools and digital channels.
- Keen sense of judgment, able to identify relevant and trending topics ahead of the curve, with journalistic skills to tell meaningful stories.
- Regarded as a proven and respected communications consultant to key leaders within an organization.
- Broad experience developing and executing strategic communications plans and correlating metrics.
- Self-starter, motivated, with a strong bias for finding solutions.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possesses outstanding follow-through skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with demonstrated success at working under deadlines with tight timeframes.
- Experience with personnel management preferred
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.