SmartBear is searching for an adept B2C/B2B copywriter to join our rapidly growing team with a new and exciting position. An opportunity to shape and carve out your role and path. Reporting to the Creative Director and owning and maintaining the SmartBear brand “voice”, this individual will work closely with the internal creative design team as well as the Corporate, Lead Gen, and Product Marketing teams. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience and interest writing both short form content (pithy headlines and phrases) and long form (well crafted, cohesive stories) content across various platform including ebooks, events, collateral and video.
This person should demonstrate experience building and maintaining consumer and b2b brands with a consistent voice, thoughtful strategy and clear calls to action. The ideal candidate is someone who strives to create clarity out of uncertainty, is able to present a strong point of view about strategic writing with a creative flair and has an ability to generate excitement and build consensus around their ideas.
It’s an exciting time to be at SmartBear. We are the market leader in tools that support every stage of the software develop lifecycle, including: planning, building, testing, and monitoring software. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence—and have fun along the way. SmartBear offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, teamwork and strong partnerships.
- Maintain and evolve the SmartBear voice and language to ensure that all company communication is inspiring, clear and consistent
- Become the master of translating the SmartBear product benefits in a clear, concise, compelling manner
- Write short form copy that stands out on paid media banners, event booths and t-shirts
- Review and edit copy originating from all areas of marketing for blogs, ebooks, whitepapers, landing pages, surveys and webinars
- Craft scripts and screen text for executive team presentations to the company, analysts and industry events
- Help conceive and execute the SmartBear brand campaign to successfully position the company for the next product evolution
- Collaborate with design team to develop strategy and implement content for video including brand positioning, product demos, tutorials and testimonial videos
- Interview and transcribe copy from industry thought leaders for blogs and other written content
- Work closely with Lead Gen team to optimize key words and conversion performance across all campaign creative
- 8 years experience as professional copywriter
- Experience working with both B2B and B2C brands-- ideally with some products that are technical in nature
- Passionate about learning about and trying new technologies (e.g. mobile apps, new tools and platforms, gaming)
- Experience working on a variety of mediums including print, digital, video and collaborating with a design team
- Excellence in copy editing
- Strong team building skills. Become the go-to person for creative concept and copywriting success
- Ad agency or disciplined marketing communication experience is a must
- BS/BA degree
- Positive self-starter who can balance priorities and generate creative solutions
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.