Investment RFP Writer at MassMutual
Defines, analyzes and develops Request for Proposal content and provides information for use in the Proposal Software, e.g., RocketDocs, WebPro Database to support sales development and business operations for internal customers and external prospects.
- Manages the coordination and completion of Requests for Proposals ("RFPs"), Due Diligence Questionnaires ("DDQs"), and all consultant questionnaires ensuring the content is both accurate and compliant.
- Completes larger and/or more complex RFPs and consultant questionnaires that require additional research, analysis, creativity and judgment.
- Develops procedures to improve the efficiency of the RFP process, as well as the quality and clarity of RFP submissions.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts throughout the firm to craft accurate responses to standard and customized questions.
- Organizes statistical data by utilizing various analytical databases in order to comply with questionnaire specifications.
- Maintains comprehensive universe of information and standard responses on firm, people, and products for use in RFP responses and consultant-related requests (e.g., performance, investment philosophy, process, trading, compliance, operations) and drafts new language as appropriate.
- Maintains the RFP Investment section of the database (PMAPs/RocketDocs), and firm-wide RFP tracking (wins, losses & rationale for wins/losses).
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the firm's product offerings and investment capabilities. Ability to qualify an opportunity fitting MassMutual’s products and values
- Assists the Marketing Coordinator with maintaining website content, per firm guidelines.
- Serves as back-up to the Sr. Marketing & Database Specialist and acts as peer reviewer for other team members.
- Performs other functions as assigned by senior executives to support the sales, marketing and client service departments.
- Work closely with Product and Marketing
- Participate on projects/committees as requested
- BA/BS degree in marketing/PR or communications from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years of recent RFP or related work experience at an asset management firm.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication (verbal & written), skills with the ability to foster relationships cross-departmentally.
- Must be detail-oriented with proven abilities to meet critical deadlines in a high-performing team environment. Willingness to learn and take on challenging new assignments.
- Self-starter, positive "can do" attitude. Must have the ability to adapt to change quickly as well as acting as a change agent when necessary.
- Excellent PC skills using all MS software
- Must be eligible for work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience working with RocketDocs, RFPIO, RFP360 or Quividen a plus
- Problem solving skill set
- ‘Owner mindset’ to take control and manage the process and database
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Deadline Driven
- Ability to work Independently